Just a quick post today because I absolutely HAD to share this recipe! My family is still new to quinoa so I have been trying recipes with familiar flavors and this one was fantastic! It tasted a whole lot like broccoli cheese soup, only it’s quinoa and pretty healthy. I would love to say the whole family loved it, although my picky daughter wouldn’t even look at it, but hey 3 out of 4 isn’t bad anyway.
I made a few changes to the original recipe, I think it just adds that much more flavor and appeal.
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or chicken stock
- half a small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded
- 2 tbps for grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions for a couple of minutes until just softened. Add chopped garlic and cook for 1 mintue.
- Bring the quinoa, broth and broccoli to a boil over medium heat, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the broth has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender,about 13-17 minutes.
- Mix in the cheese, let it melt and season with salt and pepper.
No related posts.